Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First night of class...


I love teaching beginning quiltmaking! It is truly my favorite class to teach. Tonight was the first of a 10-week series. It is such fun to hear about what each student has done on their own or in other classes, and their expectations as they start the class.

When I'm working with beginners' classes, I make sampler blocks along with the students. So last night I chose some fabric...the wonderful print above (7 yards on sale for half price!!!) was originally the feature fabric for an applique project that, after the first two blocks, lost my interest. Last night I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't going to complete that project, and pulled all the fabrics for my sampler project with the new students. I am very happy with this, and have no regrets about not finishing the applique. I have plenty of other applique projects in the works.

Tomorrow - session one with the Wednesday morning group. And Friday night is the first session of our new "Club Jane" (Dear Jane) for quilters interested in the 1863 Jane Stickle quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Hi CJ I put you on my favorites section on my blog. I loved seeing your Dear Jane at the retreat. Welcome to Blogland!!!

    ReplyDelete