Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm blogging!


I've finally decided to start a blog. Do I need another thing to do? No. Am I crazy? Maybe just a bit. But it seems like a good way to keep in touch with lots of what Mom used to call my "invisible friends." So here we are. Let's just think of it as an electronic journal.

It's Saturday. Sunny, cool, almost fall. I'm sad to see summer go...I love putting the top down on the convertible and getting out there for a drive...enjoying talk time with Steve or the kids, stopping to take pictures and eat and read historical markers and just soaking up whatever is out there.

One of my favorite things to do is quilt. It's what I do when I need to think, need to wind down after a long day, when the guys are watching football, when I just want to create something. I've been sewing since I was a little girl and started quilting seriously about 1985. To date I've made over 400 quilts in all different sizes, designs, techniques, and I longarm quilt for others. I just love to play in fabric. Heaven knows (and so does my husband!) there's a ton of fabric stashed in our house. And somehow, it seems there's always more coming in the door.

So, today is bright, sunny, full of promise. I wonder what this day will bring? My grandson JD and I are getting ready to go to the quilt shop to look for some fabric (of course, with a huge stash, I still don't have exactly what I need!). I started Rosemary Youngs' "The Civil War Diary Quilt" last week and need to find the perfect sashing fabric for it, among other things. It's been a really busy week, and I have not cooked for my family...need to do that tonight. Maybe we'll grill outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment